Curious Refugee From Darkness
Sure, the Silver Dragon’s Forest holds cursed sunlight and suspicious inhabitants (whose delicious life you long to consume), but it still always sounded better than jockeying for shadow powers, blight geodes and conjured servants in the caverns of the Four Courts.
So you braved the tunnels and pled your case with the Dead Priest.
He lowered the razored rings of his staff — and gave you glistening red fruits to eat.
So many tiny little lives inside.
It can’t be that easy, can it?
* ornate clothing of shadowsilk, scales and iron filigree (treat as light armour)
* black crystal shrillblade (treat as sword)
* broad hat
* 3d6 pomegranates or kiwis or dragonfruit or pitahaya (treat as one Provision each)
* scalehound on a leash
* two blight geodes
2 – Sword Fighting
2 – Etiquette
1 – Tunnel Fighting
1 – Poison
1 – Spell: Fear
2 – Spell: Leech
1 – Spell: Sentry
Dead Priest’s Acolyte
Darkness for to battle darkness.
To keep the souleaters beneath the Forest where they belong, you joined the Dead Priest in his eternal vigilance; but you still live, and you can’t stay still forever.
Your armoured robes and bladed crozier glint darkly under silvery branches and verdant leaves and it’s odd to deal with the living again, but you’ll take every opportunity you can get.
Besides, you’re just being proactive in your dedication. Right?
* robes of satin and steel articulation (treat as medium armour)
* bladed crozier (treat as spear)
* maps of the current upper underworld
* schematic maps of the major Forest points
* a pouch of salt
* a flask of consecrated oil
* a pillow stuffed with myrrh and rose petals and dust
2 – Awareness
2 – Necrology
1 – Spear Fighting
1 – Healing
2 – Spell: Flash
1 – Spell: Coal Resolve
1 – Spell: Random
Okay, you aren’t really what they call a “fairy”. More like a conglomeration of baboon and cat finished off with a pewter-purple shaggy pelt, two blunt horns (great for butting heads, getting signals and carving glyphs into), and stubby furry wings that shouldn’t let you fly (but you fly anyway, because).
But that doesn’t really matter, because you, like all your frenemies and associates, have other things to occupy your time than what the rest of the Forest calls you. It’s a competition to see who amasses the best and most interesting Things, the most outlandish stories, and the most panache, and you’re planning to win by cleverness, loopholes, or just plain orneriness.
* wings (fly as fast as a human can run)
* 12d6 silvers’ worth of trinkets, gewgaws and “fairy” charms
* claws (treat as knife)
* pouches, waistcoat pockets (with or without waistcoat), silky sashes and other places to hide your stash
* six secrets
* a glowing light-tablet diary
* a sack of pearlshrooms
* an orbiting gloworb
2 – Fly
1 – Evaluate
2 – Second Sight
2 – Bluffing
2 – Spell: Animate
1 – Spell: Babble