It’s already being A Weekend[tm]. So, a handful of small distractions to sneak into a game session.
01. ivory beads, tumbled so smooth over the years with prayer and handling that the whorls of their entwined serpents are nearly worn away
02. a piece of smoky obsidian worn and polished into the rough shape of a crouching frog with a butterfly in its mouth
03. a delicate network of crystal nodes and hair-fine golden wire, intersecting and interlacing; is it a hairnet, a strange broad-collar, or something else?
04. paired scribe’s palettes of smoothly polished ebony with brass fittings, each sporting a well for water, a slot for quills or brushes and six wells filled with brilliant colours
05. a burnished unicorn’s skull inlaid with tiny patterns of petals, leaves and snowflakes in glittering gemstones
06. a tiny, cunningly jointed figurine of a running deer, of ivory picked out in stained colours and gilding
07. a moth in a glass bulb that glows with a soft blue phosophoresence
08. a dagger honed from a split and ground human femur, carved with spiraling runes filled with cinnabar
09. an ornate openwork arrowhead of silver-chased steel, its tang pierced for the leather thong it’s been strung on
10. a folding game board and pieces in red and yellow cedar
11. a tiny glass sphere that shows the phase of the moon
12. a crackled prism of glass shading pink to violet, warm and comforting to the touch